C R wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
C R wrote:
Are you certain that using the module makes the simultaneous
matching faster than a sequential and to what degree (roughly)?

Certain? Certainly not. :) It depends, among other things, on your systems ability to run parallel processes and on the size of the string you want to parse.

I have an average personal computer. At the moment the size of the string can get up to about 600.000 characters, but in the future it will get much larger than 100 MB.

I still can't tell. Maybe somebody else is able to give you guidance, but why don't you simply try it if you want to explore that option?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson