* Please don't top-quote.

* Perl is a language, perl is a program, PERL isn't a word.

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Roime bin Puniran wrote:

> i have several packet that captured from monitoring process...Then we
> save it in txt format...And now, i need to import it into mysql, by
> that way i can make a report esily...How i can import it using PERL
> ?...

I still have no idea what your file looks like. I have a vague idea what
data the file contains, but that's really not the important thing. Is
the "text" a comma-separated format? Is it XML? Some kind of freeform
log file like the Unix syslog or Apache's log? tcpdump output?

You have to give a small but representative sample of what the data in
the file looks like.

Also, you have to show what you have tried so far. Have you written code
to open the file, make sense of the data, and insert it in the database?
Or were you just hoping that we would do all of that for you? You need
to at least make an attempt to solve the problem -- it's okay if you get
stuck, but there has to be some code to start with.

--
Chris Devers