> It appears from the docs that the C<cmd> method can take a timeout as
> well.  I suspect adding the '&' will cause problems because the shell
> will return control to Net::Telnet and there will be no way to
> communicate with the process.  Note that when you switch to include
> other arguments with C<cmd> it appears you need to pass the command with
> the 'String' key.

Sure but this doesn't make any change if I call the cmd with a prepared
string or a directly into the brackets. I was at this point a few hours
before. Calling a process with the cmd- method. Then I found the print -
method in the docs. But both have the same problem: sending a command over
the telnet without waiting for the answer. And I don't want to change the
timeout because the script has more functions than to wait for another
process exit. The docs doesn't give any solution how to make this!

Its no problem to call a process manualy over the telnet with a '&' at least
our servers!

Gruss Christian