greetings,

I'm attempting a perl program that will listen on a port for a connection.
when a connection is made some info will be transfered and the client will
disconnect.

I've never done this before but seem to be making some progress with all the
resources available on the net. I was just wondering. You can use 'Socket' or
'IO::Socket' to do almost the same thing, it seems. Which is the best or most
preferred method to use ? I used 'Socket' and so far so good. But I was just
wondering what is the difference and preferred way ?

tx

e.