In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christian Stalp) writes:
>What can I do to use getopt() and use strict?
>If I use strict I have to declare all of my variables. And if I do this, perl
>ignores my getopt(s) single-chars. Is this normal? What can I do to solve
>this?

Learn about references; there is another argument allowed for the
getopts() function.  Try this:

use Getopt::Std;
my %opt;
getopts('abcde', \%opt);

Now run that with some options and inspect the hash %opt after the
getopts() call.

>I want to use perl with "-w" option and the "strict" pracma. Is this posible?

Not only possible, I consider it mandatory :-)

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perldebugged.com/