On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Nicolay A. Vasiliev wrote:

> No doubt please, I know about regular expressions and Python/Ruby
> support them fully. I only showed the approach of method calling.
> There could be not "replace" method.

You're arguing about semantics, but you concede that the functionality
you're describing exists just as succinctly in both languages.

So, again -- so what ? It's a difference without a distinction.

Python & Ruby implement these operations with a .method() syntax.

Perl generally implements them with a function() syntax.

The two sides are far more similar than different. Who cares?

--
Chris Devers