From: Ramprasad A Padmanabhan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I have slightly a tricky situation, in my large program. I am trying
> the best to reproduce it
>
>
> I have a string like this
> $x='a{1}b{21}c{5}d';
> # The numbers in the {} are random and are not of interest
>
> I want to access all elements from the string 'a' 'b' 'c' & 'd'
> How do I do it best ?
>
> I am now doing this
>
> $x .='{0}'; # So that the next regex works
>
> while($x=~/(.+?)\{\d+\}/){
> print $1;
> ...
> }
If you are only interested in the letters you may do this:
while ($x =~ /([a-zA-Z]+)/g {
print $1;
...
}
Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
When it comes to wine, women and song, wizards are allowed
to get drunk and croon as much as they like.
-- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<http://learn.perl.org/> <http://learn.perl.org/first-response>