Hey all .......... I'm thinkin about writing a web application using perl and object oriented techniques.

I want to start off small ....... lets say I want to put together a company intranet and the part I want to implement first is staff profiles. Each profile would contain their email address, name, username, picture, position, favourite quote etc.

I'm thinking of implementing a profile class and a profiles class. the "profile" class would be a template class and the "profiles" class would be an abstraction of "profile" which would act like a container class for all the "profile" objects.

I'm really unclear on object oriented programming, especially in perl as it doesn't really support OO properly.

Can anyone give me some guidance as to how I would go about doing this, what methods I would need etc ........... I'm a bit lost with this .

Cheers for any advice.

Graeme :)