"Gavin Henry"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        An:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    me.uk>               Kopie:

                                         Thema:  Matching two seperate lines that
begin with the same word
                    06.10.2004

                    13:23

>>My brain is broken today.

Hi , mine breaks sometimes as well

>>I have a file with a list of installed rpm packages, some of them are
>>duplicated and I want to sort the file/llist and print ones that have the
>>same name, like:

>>yum-2.0.7
>>yum-2.0.8

lately I had a similar case. It was just about which for which user which
sort of file's exist,  which i solved with file::find !
Why don't you read the lines from the file , use split to separate package
name and versions ?

As my mind was broken then as well, I couldn't imagine how to sort the
resulting data ( array or hash ) in perl!

But being a dba I just thought about a table in a database to insert every
entry.
Then I could do all the sorting with sql-help even with perl or without !

Best regards
Manfred

--
Just getting into the best language ever...
Fancy a [EMAIL PROTECTED] Just ask!!!