On Oct 7, 2004, at 4:02 AM, Wiggins d Anconia wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] might turn up more responders,
http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=macosx

Thank you. I'll try there next.

It appeared from the output that a test that should fail didn't.

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that before, but now that you point it out, UNEXPECTEDLY SUCCEEDED is pretty clear, isn't it :)

You
might check that specific test and see if you care, it might be safe to
force install if all the other tests succeed. Of course whenever force
installing a module you should heavily test that your code doesn't
tickle the issue.

Indeed. As I'm just starting out, I haven't felt confident about forcing installation of modules that don't install right off.

Given enough time I will take a look and see if I can figure out what
the test is testing and why it might or might not fail given a
particular platform.  This might be a case were the test should be
skipped on some platforms.

Thank you. Also, when I find a solution, I'll be sure to post it back to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as well.

Thanks for taking the time to respond! I'm one step further along the Path to Perldom.

Cheers,

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com