Dave Kettmann wrote:
> Hi list, I'm trying to read a file and I cant see why it wont.. Here
> is a spot of code I used for debugging. It should print out the file
> (right?):
>
> *snip*
> open MSTROCN, ">>/tmp/ocndir/master-ocn.txt";
        This opening file in append mode. Either remove the >> or have only < for read

Wags ;)

> while ( <MSTROCN> ) {
>     print "$_";
> }
> *snip*
>
> Eventually I want any existence of "NPA-NXX\tOcn " to be deleted out
> which should be done with a regex of:
>
> s/NPA-NXX\tOcn //
>
> correct?
>
> I have looked thru tutorials on the web, and they say that $_ is the
> current line of the file in a while statement (or that is what I
> gathered) and It wont print out my file. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Kettmann

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.