M. Ilyas Hassan wrote:
#1 - Is there a way to add "days" to a date? I want end_date=start_date+90days; where start_date is in the format
10/25/04; the output end_date should be in the same format as well. I
was not successful loading the Date::Calc module from CSPAN on
ActivePerl 5 (Revision 5, version 6, Subrevision 1, - 5.006001). Can
some suggest some input.

The standard module Time::Local and the core function localtime() should be sufficient. The solution at

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=2pcclbFj9gkjU1%40uni-berlin.de

may give you some ideas.

#2 - How could I find the minimum value from table with say
80columns. The numbers are stored in columns across (from column 2 to
column 6). The output from the input table should retrieve the
minimum value for each unique item in column 0. Does Perl have
aggregate function to get minimum/average and other statistical
values? How should the array/hash be structured.

I pass that one. But I think you need to provide some sample data, and a serious attempt to solve the problem.

Please email your feedback to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a public mailing list, not a private helpdesk. (I sent you a copy, but you should really subscribe to the list if you haven't already.)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson