Bastian Angerstein wrote:
I noticed that while ($test=<TEST>) works on my system perfectly but while (<TEST>) donÂt
... donÂt know why...
should reinstall perl.

Thanks for your help
Bastian

They should both work, why they don't is beyond me.

Please post on the list, I am *not* a all-seeing, all-knowing Perl guru,
you know, while I can't answer why one work and the other doesn't someone else
on the list might.

And again, please bottompost.

--
Flemming Greve Skovengaard           FAITH, n.
a.k.a Greven, TuxPower                   Belief without evidence in what is told