On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:29:04 -0500, Bob Showalter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
> > I am using  Net::Telnet  in one of my perl scripts. Problem is every
> > time it runs with use warnings It prints out  warnings like
> >
> > Unrecognized escape \s passed through at ....
> >
> > Where that line  is
> > $t->waitfor("/ord\s*:\s*/");
> >
> > Which is perfectly OK ( I think )
>
> No, it's not OK, if you're expecting the backslashes to be passed on to
> waitfor(), as I assume you are. If you aren't expecting them to be passed
> on, they don't need to be there. Hence the warning.
>
> > Can someone tell how to get rid of this warning ?
>
> Use single quotes.

Not 100% sure here, but since the string is a regular expression, consider
using qr/expression/ without the quotes.  The qr/  and /  act as the delimiters
and tell perl the contents are a regular expression and thus \s is valid in that
context.

I thnk it may also pre-compile the regular expression so your code runs faster..