vishwas bhakit wrote:
hello,
I had used following line in my code to retrieve message where $msg_id shows id of message retrieved by LIST command.
code:
my $message=$pop3->RETR $msg_id; # Line No. 30
it is showing me following error
Error:
Scalar found where operator expected at try.pl line 30, near "->RETR $msg_id"
(Missing operator before $msg_id?)
syntax error at try.pl line 30, near "->RETR $msg_id"
Execution of try.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

I am not getting what is the cause of this error .
Can anybody plz tell me what is the cause of this.

from `perldoc perldiag`

 %s found where operator expected
     (S syntax) The Perl lexer knows whether to expect a term or an
     operator.  If it sees what it knows to be a term when it was
     expecting to see an operator, it gives you this warning.  Usually
     it indicates that an operator or delimiter was omitted, such as a
     semicolon.

What is $pop3? What is RETR?