Hi List, Iīm new around and Iīm having kindīa difficulty to solve this
problem.
Well, Iīm writing 2 scripts that will be kept in a server. The first one
receives SNMP traps on port 162 (duh!) every 10 seconds and it writes
something to a file, just for a record.
The second script checks, every 30 seconds, if the file has changed since
the last check. If it has, that means that the SNMP Trap Sender is UP, if
the file ('test.txt') hasnīt changed, the trap senderīs server is down,
and then the trap receiver server creates an HTML informing if itīs up or
down.
So far so good, as youīll see (īcause Iīll put the scripts here), itīs
working, but my problem starts here. In my network, Iīll have a lot of net
actives sending traps (servers, workstations, ADSL modems), so, to figure
out which one is sending each trap, i have to detect the trap senderīs IP.
And here is my question: How do I do so?
I mean, Iīm using SNMP_Session module. How do I detect the trap senderīs
IP? Does this information comes with the trap or should I do something to
detect who has sent information to port 162?
Thanks!