Lawrence Statton wrote:
So the conclusion is that perl code cannot be really hidden (for comercial
purposes)?
A license is equal to zero in some countries... so that's not a solution.

Well - never say, "Never" ... I think the output from perlcc is pretty
inscrutable for any but the most dedicated attacker, and assume that
ActiveState's commercially licensed products are similar.

true, it does seem to work ok whenever I've played with it...

I think it's *HIGHLY* ironic that the original poster is looking for a
solution that allows him to close off his code, but demands that it be
a freely distributable solution to his problem.  My first reaction is:
If you want to lock the door on your code (and I think that is
perfectly within an authors rights -- I'm no RMS clone) , you are
going to have to pay someone to do it -- there just isn't any demand
for open-source source-closing software.

I second that! Thats one reason I posted such a lame reply originally:

I want to protect my work by someone else doing the work so I can make money without having to invest anything...