next if ($line =~ /^\s+$/);

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Spears [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 11:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: regexp for a blank line

I have to write a script that processes text in a
file.  The text includes lots of blank lines.  How can
I tell Perl to skip the lines?  I thought maybe
something like:

next if ($line =~ /\s+/);

However, what if the line simply happens to have more
than one whitespace.  Even a sentence has whitespace
between the words!  Or maybe the line is idented!

=====
"I'm the last person to pretend that I'm a radio.  I'd rather go out and be
a color television set."
-David Bowie

"Who dares wins"
-British military motto

"The freak is the norm." - "The Infernal Desire Machines of Dr. Hoffman" by
Angela Carter