Hm.  Guess I thought you'd be doing this using SQL via a perl script.  Are
you going to be physically copying files?  If that is the case, you will
either have to deny access to them while you're copying or perhaps hold your
breath and hope for the best.  If you are using SQL, then the link I gave
you outlines how you can lock them while copying the data.

Ron