> I've been reading this list every day for a week or so, and it's a
> great resource.
>
> I'm trying to use a GET or POST command to click on a link at this
address:

> http://ibihost1.com/nycdoh/web/html/rii.pl
>
> As you can see, the address points to a Perl script. When you click on
> a button on this page, you're taken to another page, but the address -
> rii.pl - stays the same. View source provides no help.
>
> I'm wondering how I can use a Perl script to get past this page and
> subsequent ones.
>
> Thanks in advance for pointing me to any relevant resources.
>
> Dan

Did you view source for the frame or the original page?  The address not
changing is an indication that frames is at work. When you click on the
button it is loading two different pages in two different frames. The
map page is static, the other frame uses a bunch of client side script
to generate a URL to make the request. Check the source of the right
frame and see if that helps.

Alternatively if you use a real browser like Firefox there are
extensions you can use to see all of the header information sent in the
HTTP request which would show you exactly how to emulate your transaction.

HTH,

http://danconia.org