WebDragon wrote:
I'm curious to know if there are any generic call-response subscribe packages out there written in Perl (preferably object oriented in design)

i.e. what I am looking for is,
{
o user subscribes via form on website, gives e-mail address and creates a password

o user is sent a 'call' e-mail saying "you've just been subscribed. did you want this? if so, click this URL"

o clicking the URL 'response' finishes the subscription process, and users data is then sent onward. user recieves a confirmation message as a result of their webclick both in the webpage itself and via e-mail, thanking them for joining.

o eventually something is done to clean up the data for which there was no further 'response'.
}

I would like to have such a feature as part of a package I'm writing for this client, rather than just blindly accept the data and their choice of e-mail. That and I really hate to have to re-invent the wheel if something suitable is already available for use that has worked around some of the obvious problems involved with this issue.

There are several open source packages out there that implement such things but it is rarely something semi-separate from the package itself that can be easily extracted, genericised, and put to use elsewhere. I would prefer something that is 'the thing itself' and easily integrated further into whatever needs it. (rather than spending a few weeks stripping it out of whatever package I find that does it well enough to suit my needs, and refactoring it. ack! :)

If anyone has any information leading to such a thing, I would be most grateful. Surely someone has done this by now?

never saw a response to this, so I'm reposting once in the hopes that perhaps someone else will see it that has any recommendations.

--
Scott R. Godin
Laughing Dragon Services