On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Nicolay A. Vasiliev wrote:

> Is this correct to pass DB handle ($dbh) as subroutine parameter? I
> don't want to make DB connection everytime when I need to get some
> data from DB. But if I connected once I'd like to pass one db handler.

Of course you can, and should, do things this way.

Typical generic DBI code for me might look something like this:

  my $dbh = get_database_connection;
  my $sth = get_statement( $dbh );
  do_stuff_with( $sth );

  $sth = get_new_statement( $dbh );
  do_more_stuff_with( $sth );
  do_something_else_with( $sth );

Etc., where the subroutines are defined later, and the database and
statement handles get declared once and then passed around as needed.

--
Chris Devers