Brian Volk wrote:
JupiterHost.Net wrote:

Brian Volk wrote:

Hi All,

Hello,

I created a script that renames a dir of MP3 files... Everything is

Perhaps File::Copy::Recursive can assist you in this?

http://search.cpan.org/~dmuey/File-Copy-Recursive-0.02/Recursive.pm

use File::Copy::Recursive 'dircopy';

dircopy($orig,$new) or die "Copying $orig failed: $!";
unlink $orig or die "Removing $orig failed: $!";

HTH :)

Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net

Lee,

Thanks for the help... I used rename and it worked great. I will

No problem :)

definitely check out your suggestion as well.. Thanks again...
rename "$mp3_dir/$file", "$new_mp3_dir/$newfile";

great, the reason it didn't work before was that to create new files you open() a file handle to do that, not write to a directory handle, if I may use that term to describe what was going on :)

perldoc -f open
perldoc -f opendir