On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:45:42 +0530, Anish Kumar K.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I  am  new to CGI..I cannot create a file using CGI. I do execute another
> program to create a file, it executes fine..But while using CGI it fails.
>
> I had used  a die statement and after that I tried printing some text after
> this. it is not getting printed that means it is not printing...Please help
> in printing out the die message,.

Where are you looking for the print-statement to output?
It would be in your httpd_error.log file.

> I had used
>
>     en INPUT ,">a.txt" or die "Cannnot create the file $!";
>
> The message is not getting printed and I am not aware of the reason. Please
> help me to troubleshoot this.

Just run your script in interactive-mode from the command-line,
and check what the output is. If your not able to figure out how to
do that, post more of your code.

There is nothing wrong with the perl code you just posted(I'm assuming
the 'en' is supposed to be 'open').

Tor