Bakken, Luke wrote:

You have to stop spending so much time playing with all this bogus
benchmarking :)

It not bogus :) Its an example to find the best method for a project.

If you prefer I'll ask the question I was trying to answer with the benchmark:

Assuming you have an array of 0-15 elements is it quicker/more efficient to:

1) create a hash slice and use exists when checking for specific ones
or
2) grep a regex out of the array when checking for specific ones

If you're going to be looking for something in an array over and over
again, perhaps you shouldn't be using an array as your data structure.

Hence, my original question :)

I have an array not matter what.

So should I slice it into a hash and do exists or skip the slice and grep a regex on the array each time :)