Yw Chan ( Cai Lun e-Business ) wrote:
However, the situation is that ehe spaces not from my filename but
from the Windows XP default of C:\Documents and Settings\Default
user\..... etc. I guess in an overwhelming web-based environment
using Windows at the browser side, most people would come across this
issue. I'm wondering if there is something else would make IE returns
the path just liked Firefox that has no problem at all.

You should never make any assumptions about the filename the client might send. The backslashes are legal filename chars in Unix, but if you don't want them, just strip them off.

  $filename =~ s/.*[\\\/]//;

You should check whatever's left against the set of characters you want to allow.