Hi,

I have trouble using B::Bytecode on xp/activeperl 5.6. With a very
simple script, the command:
        perl -MO=Bytecode,-ofirst.byte first.pl
Can't work properly.
------first.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

print "Hello World!\n";
1;
-------------
Please let me know if anyone have successfully do that on xp/active perl 5.6.
Thanks.
Xiaofang.

----output of the perl -MO command:

No package specified for compilation, assuming main::
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assembler.pm line 19
6.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assem
bler.pm line 202.
1: no such instruction ""
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assembler.pm line 19
6.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assem
bler.pm line 202.
2: no such instruction ""
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assembler.pm line 19
6.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assem
bler.pm line 202.
3: no such instruction ""
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assembler.pm line 19
6.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assem
bler.pm line 202.
4: no such instruction ""
...many many such warnings...
444: no such instruction ""
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assembler.pm line 19
6.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at E:/Perl/lib/B/Assem
bler.pm line 202.
445: no such instruction ""
There were 445 assembly errors
CHECK failed--call queue aborted.
PLBCMSWin32-x86-multi-threada0.04a*aaa>aaa0x1234a

在 2005-02-12 12:13:00 您写道:
>Hi, Bob,
>
>Sounds the expert.pm  is cool. But when I try to install the pre-required
>io::pty, I got a fatal error. Is it possible to install io::tty and expert
>on xp?
>
>---------------------------
>        cl -c  -nologo -O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT
> -DHAV
>E_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX
>-
>O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG    -DVERSION=\"1.02\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"1.02\"
>-IE:\Perl\lib\
>CORE  Tty.c
>Tty.c
>Tty.xs(94) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h': No such
>fi
>le or directory
>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
>Stop.
>---------------------------
>

>在 2005-02-11 21:42:00 您写道:
>>Chris Devers wrote:
>>> Several programming languages have mechanisms for building wrappers
>>> around Expect, including Perl. In this case, you need a module like
>>> Expect.pm or Expect::Simple, as described here:
>>
>>Pedantic point: Expect.pm is perhaps best thought of as an Expect "clone" or
>>"workalike". It does not use or require a tcl installation.
>>

>>--
>><http://learn.perl.org/> <http://learn.perl.org/first-response>
>
>                    致
>礼!