On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Tyson Sommer wrote:

> This might be a question for beginners-cgi, but since it was mentioned
> here...

Sounds like it, but oh well.

This doesn't really fix your problem so much as your error handling, but
why aren't you catching the reason your script dies?

Instead of

    my $pinger = Net::Ping->new("icmp") || die;

Why not use

    my $pinger = Net::Ping->new("icmp") || die "Can't make pinger: $!";

This might at least give you a more descriptive error message...

Also, are you having CGI::Carp use fatalsToBrowser for testing?

--
Chris Devers