Graeme McLaren ha scritto:
Morning all. I have a strange problem with an if-else statement. Both parts of the statement are being executed and I have no idea why, the offending code is this:

Try to add two warnings to see if handle_error is called from the "else" branch if this statement or from one of the routines in the "if" branch.

if($password =~ /\S\S\d\d\S\S/){
warn "Inside IF part";
   #if there is a password user then exists in ldap, update the username
   $error = ChangeUsername($old_username, $new_username, 'suppliers', 'select',
'dci');
   # make sure user has "approved" status
   record_username_success([EMAIL PROTECTED], $count);
   print "username changed from \"$old_username\" to \"$new_username\" using password
\"$password\" \n";
} else {
warn "Inside ELSE part";
   handle_error($error, [EMAIL PROTECTED], $count);
}

It prints off the username that has been changed and its password. Then the handle_error function is called.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers in advance,

Graeme :)

Just my two cents.