My phone vendor supplies an XML interface for their
phone system that allows remote control.  They have
supplied me with a wsdl file, and I'm trying my hand
at SOAP::Lite.

I've got a RHEL clone, and I've just installed SOAP::Lite
via cpan.  Perl is v5.8.0.

However, for some reason I can't get the wsdl to parse:

use SOAP::Lite
service => 'file:/home/kodak/xml-test/ots_api.wsdl';

Will return the error:

Can't call method "body" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2552.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at soaptest3.pl line 2.

I can't find this particular error message anywhere.
The closest I can google up is "Can't call method "server""
but that's a perl win32 error.

I don't know much at all about perl or XML, so if I'm
asking in the wrong place just tell me.  The wsdl
file I'm using is available on request, but it's
over 600 lines long and I don't want to gum up the
list if I don't have to.  The wsdl file I've got is
directly from the vendor, and I've only changed the
service definition (from "localhost" to "mother" --
the name of the host the service actually lives on).
The stock quote demo available at soaplite.com works,
so it's not an install issue.  However, I don't have any
reason to believe that the vendor wsdl file is corrupt.

Is there another SOAP package I can try in case SOAP::Lite
is a litte too lite for this task?

Any help at all is appreciated.

Thanks,

--J(K)