yeah thats what I thought and the problem is Perl came installed under
/usr/bin by default.  Obviously is was compiled by cc_r and currently I am
trying to get a trial version of XLC IBMs AIX C compiler.

thank you,

Derek B. Smith
OhioHealth IT
UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams

             "Wiggins
             d'Anconia"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             .org>                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                        cc
             03/01/2005 09:01          Perl Beginners <beginners@perl.org>
                                       Re: Digest-SHA2.10 compilation on
                                       AIX 5.2 fails

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am running AIX 5.2 with gcc 3.3.2
>
> Can anyone help?  I looked for the specific list and could not find it.
>
> Here are my errors after a make with CC pointed to cc_r and
> /usr/local/bin/gcc  :
>
> (See attached file: out)(See attached file: outwithgcc)
>
> derek

In general the compiler used to compile perl has to be available when
compiling modules for that perl. Was the perl compiled with cc_r or gcc?
It seems from the output that perl expects cc_r otherwise it wouldn't
have unrecognized options, and I suspect it tried that first?  You will
either need to match the compiler that perl was originally built with,
or compile a new perl with gcc....

But I am not a build expert, there are a few of those here, but if you
get really stuck there are lots on the p5porters list.

http://danconia.org