lohit wrote:

if you think you have changed environment, use a new 'cmd' prompt. you
couldn't have possibly changed system environment variables. the above
code snippent should work .one way is to write new piece of code and
test it out.

I have tested several programs. I have also run a program that prints to a file without any problems. I ran perldoc on '-q output' and that printed out to the screen without any problems as well. Isn't perldoc run with perl.exe too? I can't understand this at all.