Nevermind I got it!

my @a=();
my $e=0;
        my $res = Net::DNS::Resolver->new;
        my $query = $res->query(".ohnet", "NS");
        if ( $query != 0 or $query != undef or $query != ' ' )  {
                foreach ($query->answer) {
                   if ( $_->type eq 'NS'  ) {
                    #next unless $_->type eq "A";
                        #print $_->nsdname,"\n";
                        foreach ($_->nsdname) {
                                push (@a,$_) if $_ =~ "svr";
                                $e++;
                        }
         } else {
                warn "query failed: ", $res->errorstring, "\n";
        print $a[0],"\n";
        print $a[1],"\n";
        }

Derek B. Smith
OhioHealth IT
UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams
614-566-4145

             Derek
             Smith/Staff/OhioH
             ealth                                                      To
                                       Perl Beginners <beginners@perl.org>
             03/01/2005 02:17                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       assigning data to array, but only
                                       element 0 is getting the data

my @a=();
        my $res = Net::DNS::Resolver->new;
        my $query = $res->query(".ohnet", "NS");
        if ( $query != 0 or $query != undef or $query != ' ' )  {
                foreach ($query->answer) {
                   if ( $_->type eq 'NS'  ) {
                    #next unless $_->type eq "A";
                        #print $_->nsdname,"\n";
                        foreach ($_->nsdname) {
                                push @a,$_;
                                $a++;
                        }
                           print $a[1];
             }else{

The end output looks like

svrqip01
svrqip02
svgqip01
svgqip02
svvqip01
svvqip02

and in the end all I want is svrqip 01 and 02 which is why I am assigning
$_->nsdname to an array, but the only element that is getting any data is
0???

thank you,

derek