[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

pshrapprd:/home/root> nslookup
Default Server:  svr
Address:  192..x.x.x

set type=a

Server: svr Address: 192..x.x.x

*** svr can't find s:Non-existent host/domain

ls

Server: svr.* Address: 192.x.x.x

Name:    ls

?

Commands: (identifiers are shown in uppercase, [] means optional) NAME - print info about the host/domain NAME using default server NAME1 NAME2 - as above, but use NAME2 as server help or ? - print info on common commands set OPTION - set an option all - print options, current server and host [no]debug - print debugging information [no]d2 - print exhaustive debugging information [no]defname - append domain name to each query [no]recurse - ask for recursive answer to query [no]vc - always use a virtual circuit domain=NAME - set default domain name to NAME srchlist=N1[/N2/.../N6] - set domain to N1 and search list to N1,N2, etc. root=NAME - set root server to NAME retry=X - set number of retries to X timeout=X - set initial time-out interval to X seconds querytype=X - set query type, e.g., A,ANY,CNAME,HINFO,MX,PX,NS,PTR,SOA,TXT,W KS,SRV,NAPTR type=X - synonym for querytype class=X - set query class to one of IN(Internet),CHAOS,HESIOD or ANY server NAME - set default server to NAME, using current default server lserver NAME - set default server to NAME, using initial server finger [USER] - finger the optional USER at the current default host root - set current default server to the root ls [opt] DOMAIN [>|>> FILE] - list addresses in DOMAIN(optional: output to FILE) -a - list canonical names and aliases -h - list HINFO (CPU type and operating system) -s - list well-known services -d - list all records -t TYPE - list records of the given type (e.g., A,CNAME,MX, etc.) view FILE - sort an 'ls' output file and view it with more exit - exit the program,^D also exits

Please don't top post, all I see are prompts, errors, and help menus I see no actual DNS info.

So again withotu knowing what you're tryign to do there's not muxh we can do to help :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

within nslookup you would type

nslookup "nameserver IP"
set type=ns
server "nameserver"
ls "zone"

Can you paste an actual session of that?

  a) I'm not sure how "nameserver IP" and "nameserver" in this case
  b) our network disallows lame insecure programs like nslookup so I
can't reproduce it
  c) Can't locate Telepathy.pm in @INC :)

I think you've done this enough to know you need to be more specific :)