----- Original Message ----- From: "renard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Perl Beginners List" <beginners@perl.org>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:23 AM
Subject: Executing perl code on the command line

I am running ActivePerl 5.8.6 on Windows XP.

I am unable to execute a statement like -- perl -e '<perl code>' --
I always get this response: Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1.

Does not matter if I use (', ", or `) .. same response expect it can't find the string terminator matching the used quotation mark.

Try printing this :) perl -e "print 'Hello World'"

What am  I doing wrong?

Thank you for any assistance you may give me.