I was looking at the example code in the mysql examples directory. They seem
to have been created for testing things like very large records.

Does anyone have a minimal example that executes a SQL SELECT command and
displays the results?

I need something really simple to get me started.

It's not a big deal, I could probably figure it out from the examples in the
mysql installation. They are just a bit more convoluted than necessary. I
just thought that if someone had a simple sample lying around it would save
me some time.

Thanks,
Siegfried