Hi Friends,

I am using oracle database and I have column of long data type. I insert the
data into this column thru perl script. If the inserted data exceeds 4000
chars, it is giving me the following error.

DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-01704: string literal too long (DBD
ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) at MT/TACDbManager.pm line 445.

Whereas we can insert upto 2GB of data in long data type.

Pl. help me out to solve this.

Thanks & Regards,
Mallik.