Check out the module Geo::Coordinates::DecimalDegrees on CPAN.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Knipe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:12 AM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: slightly OT - co-ordinates

Lo all,

This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to convert hours,
minutes seconds coordinates into decimal?

I.e. S33* 58.08, E18* 36.27'151 to the xx.xxxxx -xx.xxxxx

Doing this manually / online is out of the question unfortunately.  I
have over 20,000 to convert :((

Thanks

--
Chris.

I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as
they fly by..." - Douglas Adams, 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else,
unless expressly approved by the sender or an authorized addressee, is
unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action omitted or taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender, delete this e-mail and destroy all copies.