Hi,
I am running perl-5.8.6 on z/OS unix. I am trying to display the character 'tau'. This on linux (RH) shows as is, meaning I can actually include the character 'tau' as it displays, in a perl script. But, if I try copy pasting the same character on a z/OS shell, I dont see the character, instead I see ^69^22.

I am testing utf8 barewords, but cant display the character 'tau' because it doesnt display directly (and only if interpreted as "\x69\x22"). Any ideas on how can I display the character 'tau' as a bareword without interpreting the bytes ?

Thanks in advance,
Rajarshi.