On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Anish Kumar K wrote:

> Can [anyone] suggest a good algorithm for [encrypting] and
> [decrypting] files ..I donot want to use any perl module for that...

Check out the perl stuff on this site.  I haven't actually used it yet,
though I've been meaning to look at it.  But their Java stuff is really
good.
http://www.cryptix.org/

Not sure why you don't want to use a module, but you could always pull out
the parts you need.

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
 may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
 solely for the use of the addressee.  If the reader of this message is
 not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its
 attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message
 in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message
 from your system.  Thank you..