Please use a descriptive subject line. Half the spam I get has "Hello"
for a subject, so your message nearly got flagged as spam & deleted.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, laxmi goudappa patil wrote:

> Doing serial programming in perl. when i read a port, if there is data
> on the port it reads successfully. if there is no data at that moment
> im recieving the same data which hasn't written to the port..
>
> i have two parts of the program.. one is writing to the port, and the
> other is reading from the port..can you please help, understanding why
> it's happening like this?? and what can i do to overcome this
> problem??

What operating system are you working on? Windows? Linux? Other?

What does your code look like? It's impossible to make suggestions
without being able to read the section of code that isn't behaving.

More information is needed in order to help you.

--
Chris Devers