Grant wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to make a successful request to the Google AdWords
> API.  My Perl skills are extremelly weak.  Here's the error I'm
> getting:
>
> SOAP Fault: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a
> child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to
> deserialize.
>
> I'm using Perl from within Interchange:
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org
>
> Does anyone know what that error means?  Should I post my code?
>
> - Grant

Looks like I will be tackling a similar project shortly.  You should
post some code. Based on my rudimentary understanding of SOAP (will be
spinning up on it in the next couple days+weeks) I suspect it is
something that you are building in your structure that isn't proper XML
for the particular application you are using.  The faults are in the
actual SOAP processing so aren't specific to Perl or even Interchange,
though if your Perl is weak it may be a mistake there that is leading to
the XML processing problem (which is why I suggested posting the code).

Are you using SOAP directly with IC, aka using IC as a SOAP server, or
connecting to IC using SOAP, or just calling out using the [soap] tag
from within a page?

Somehow if we piece together your SOAP knowledge and my Perl knowledge
and combine our IC knowledge (yikes, look out world) we could piece
through it.......

As an aside there was recently a discussion of using SOAP with IC on the
IC-users mailing list.

If you found your solution already, congrats!

http://danconia.org