Ing. Branislav Gerzo wrote:

Frank [F], on Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 19:45 (+0800) typed:

F> If i know the element of array, can I get the numeric index  of this
F> element?

Exist a way, but it is better using hash. In arrays you have to
iterate over every element.

~~~~~~~Pls tell me the way. possibly I need use it. I need get the elements from an array after some specific element. Say, I find a elements contains the word I want by regular expression ($_ =~ /word1/), and then I need get the following element untill another words appears ($_ =~ /word2/). I thought the best way for me is to get the numeric index of the elements and get the elements i want. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank