Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> I am about to start on a project that will be creating various excel
> files. Cpan yields quite a number of posibilities, among which
> Spreadsheet::WriteExcel looks most promising. I just wanted to hear
> some opinions on the best tool for the job before I delve into a
> certain inetrface.
> The resulting files must have multiple workbooks and be able to
> contain embedded images. The rest (numbers, text formatting) seems
> trivial through any interface.
> All thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

I have used Spreadsheet::WriteExcel with great success to create workbooks
from Unix. It can definitely create files with multiple worksheets. I don't
know about images though; I have never had that need.

If you are on a Windoze server environment, you have the option of the
various OLE automation routes...