On Tue, 24 May 2005, Vladimir D Belousov wrote:

> Whether there is a modules for geometry transformation of the images?
> In particular, I need rotate and change geometry (perspective,
> resize)?

Yes.

ImageMagick is the most common way to do this. It's a toolkit for making
all kinds of image manipulations, and it has both command line tools and
interfaces for driving it from Perl.

    <http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php>
    <http://www.imagemagick.org/script/perl-magick.php>
    <http://search.cpan.org/~jcristy/PerlMagick-6.20/Magick.pm>

Imager is a newer smaller, and more directed way to do graphics in Perl.
It can't do everything ImageMagick/PerlMagick can do, but it's a bit
easier to use, and should generally run faster for similar tasks.

    <http://search.cpan.org/~tonyc/Imager-0.44/Imager.pm>
    <http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/04/01/masongal.html>

The books _Graphics Programming in Perl_ and _Perl Graphics Programming_
get into all of this & more.

    <http://www.manning.com/verbruggen/index.html>
    <http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/07/23/review.html>

    <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlgp/>