Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Aditi> I've been doing some general perl coding(not too complicated)
> Aditi> for past some time but now i want to learn the object oriented
> Aditi> way of programming. I've several books including Perl cookbook,
> Aditi> Programming Perl and Beginning Perl (by Simon Cozens).. but now
> Aditi> i'm confused which one to refer.. Please guide me how to begin.
>
> I'm biased (since I wrote it), but you may be looking for a quick read
> of "Learning Perl" (it's about 4 to 8 hours to read the entire thing),
> followed by an in-depth read of the sequel "Learning Perl Objects,
> References, and Modules", perhaps even doing the exercises.

I'm unbiased (other than I read them both after already knowing most of
the techniques) and thought they were very solid, and definitely
recommend both. Unless you are already familar with OOP concepts you are
better off with the LPORM book than Conway's, as Object Oriented Perl is
more difficult to read without already knowing a lot of the OOP
terminology. It is also a bit dated. (Both of these comments are not
intended to discredit the book or the man, it is still an excellent and
thorough source, and his work certainly speaks for itself.)

http://danconia.org