Hello there!
I'm a novice perl programmer and I'm trying to pass a
File-Handle to two different subroutines one after the
other as follows

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
my $FH;
open($FH, "filename") || die "Could not open file!
\n";
func_one(\*$FH);
func_two(\*$FH);
exit(0);

sub func_one
{
     local * FH = $_[0];
     my $line;
     while(defined($line = <$FH>))
     {
           printf($line);

sub func_two
{
     local * FH = $_[0];
     my $line;
     while(defined($line = <$FH>))
     {
           printf($line);

   Problem is first function(func_one) works fine,
while second does nothing. My guess is that
file-handle is reaching at the end of the file in
func_one and thus there remains nothing for func_two
to read in.
   Could someone tell me how can I make both of
them(func_[one/two]) work without openning the file
twice in two functions?

Regards
    -Prasad
PS: Please don't send me html/attachment/Fwd mails