zentara <zentara <at> highstream.net> writes:
> Why don't you try writing the gnuplot output to a temporary file, and
> send that file, then delete it.  That way you can get it to work for
> sure.

I still haven't figured out the problem with the plus symbols. However, I did
find a way around the problem by writing the gnuplot commands to a temporary
file and then having gnuplot retrieve the commands from the file in batch mode.

> Maybe try a version where you manually output the html, like in
> "here docs", and avoid the extra layer of complication which CGI's
> html output throws at you.

I do think my problem is with CGI, though not with the html it generates.  It
might be with the way that param deals witht he form data.  Also, the error
message from apache had to do with a comment I had in the blockquote CGI
function; with that removed there are no more error messages from apache.

Anyway, I have a functioning verion of the script at:
http://arithmometer.org/gnuplot/gnuplot_4.pl

Thanks again for your assistance.

Gary Parker