On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Scott R. Godin wrote:

> what are the various ways of finding out how much memory a particular
> module is using, from the command line under Linux ?

A lot the modules in the B:: and Devel:: namespaces can get at this sort
of information.

The Devel::Size module can get at this, at least partly.

    <http://search.cpan.org/~dsugal/Devel-Size/Size.pm>

B::TerseSize also looks useful:

    <http://search.cpan.org/dist/B-Size/lib/B/TerseSize.pm>

So you should be able to do something like this:

    $ perl -MO=TerseSize -MCGI -e '$q = new CGI; 1;'

That suggests 240 bytes on my system, which is smaller than I expected,
but then I wasn't doing anything interesting. It may be more interesting
for use in profiling real programs.

--
Chris Devers