Please bottom post...

Mads N. Vestergaard wrote:
> Hey again,
>
> Thanks for the replies.
> I also got it ton work, but I still have on question. Too get the actual
> PID i need to say $$+1, do you guys have any idea why I should do that.

Without seeing some code no, though if there is any forking going on
then that might explain it. What system/OS?

> In perlvar it also says $PID should return the pid. It doesn't work for
> me, cann I be doing something wrong?

First couple of sentences of perldoc perlvar indicate:

"Nevertheless, if you wish to use long variable names, you need only say

           use English;

at the top of your program. This aliases all the short names to the long
names in the current package." Note IIRC there is a performance hit at
least at startup.

http://danconia.org